Head of Business Development – Cedar White Bradley, Dubai Office
We are seeking a Head of Business Development to lead our BD & Marketing department. This role is responsible for setting, overseeing and executing business development and marketing projects and initiatives for the firm across all of its offices, with the aim of further growing the business through building on existing client relationships as well as identifying and capturing new opportunities. Furthermore, the Head of BD will work and collaborate closely with the practice partners and other stakeholders to achieve the firm’s objectives, drive projects, develop and maintain client relationships, track new markets and emerging trends and propose and develop new strategic partnerships.
The Head of BD will play an integral role in the continued success of the business and its ability to continue to grow and gain market share.
General skills and qualifications required:
Education: A minimum of bachelor’s degree from a leading university in marketing, business, communications or equivalent. MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
Language: Excellent English written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in Arabic is an advantage. Other language skills are also advantageous.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior business development role in a law firm or a professional services environment;
- Good knowledge of the field of intellectual property;
- Proven track record of generating new business and achieving revenue growth;
- Demonstrated capacity of leading, developing and implementing initiatives within a strategic framework;
- Experience working with partners/senior executives in a professional services firm;
- Previous experience in a managerial role.
We are seeking versatile candidates who can:
- Perform market research and analysis;
- Devise strategies for driving sales growth across the business;
- Develop and manage relationships with potential clients, influencers and key stakeholders;
- Tap into an extensive existing network of contacts and relationships;
- Raise the firm’s profile both regionally and internationally;
- Lead new business contract negotiations;
- Identify professional and trade associations with which the firm should affiliate and manage those relationships;
- Attend conferences and industry events; and
- Draft and/or participate in the preparation of proposals and pitch documents.
To apply for this position please share your CV with our Talent team via HR@cwblegal.com