We are experts in all aspects of intellectual property throughout the Middle East North Africa (MENA) region.
Our key focus is to provide our clients with commercially driven solutions to managing, protecting, maintaining and enforcing their trade mark rights throughout the region.
Our trade marks practice comprises two divisions:
Our Formalities team, lead by Yasmine Rabah, competes with the major filing houses in the region and expertly executes register searches, applications, recordals, renewals and other formal procedures encountered during the life-cycle of a trade mark or patent application.
Our Advisory team, under the leadership of David Harper, competes with IP practices of major international firms in the region by providing specialist advisory services on all issues encountered by applicants during the life-cycle of a trade mark or patent application.
Through our two teams, we offer the best of both worlds by providing:
- cost-effective regional trade mark and patent agency services; and
- high-quality legal advice on all aspects of IP.
UAE, Saudi Arabia and Egypt
We provide litigation and advocacy services in relation to all aspects of IP directly to our clients through our close association with the Law Offices of:
- Khalid A. Altamimi Advocates & Legal Consultants in the UAE.
- Meshal Al Akeel Law Firm in Saudi Arabia.
- Hazem Wahba in Egypt.
We seamlessly work together to:
- attend at opposition proceedings, appeals and cancellation actions before the Administrative Court (as well as subsequent appeals)
- attend at civil proceedings pertaining to IP infringement and IP contractual disputes before the Commercial Court (as well as subsequent appeals)
Other MENA countries
In the remaining countries in the MENA region which we cover, we provide expert litigation support to our clients by briefing local advocates in each country to attend court on behalf of our clients.
Copyright, Domain Names, Industrial Designs and Other Aspects of IP
While we focus on trade marks and patents, we manage and provide advice in relation to all aspects of IP, including: copyright, domain names and industrial designs.