Partner, Head of Technology, Media & Enertainment
BA (Law) and MA (Law), Hertford College, Oxford University
Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors of England & Wales
E: [email protected]
T: +971 4 381 6853
With more than 20 years of legal practising experience, including over a decade in the UAE, Cameron has advised clients in almost all areas of the technology, media and entertainment sectors.
His clients include leading names in film and TV production, advertising, publishing, music, events management, and content distribution. He is credited for his work on several motion pictures including Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens and Fast & Furious 7.
Cameron has also been at the forefront of the development of the venture capital and tech start-up ecosystem in in the UAE, advising innovative clients in the fields of ecommerce, NFT and cryptocurrency trading, blockchain technology, and gaming. His expertise in this field includes SME capital fundraising, all forms of commercial agreements and policies, compliance (including privacy and data protection), advertising standards, and platform development.
- Acted as lead counsel on the production of several major motion pictures and episodic series.
- Instrumental in the foundation and structuring of the Abu Dhabi Film Commission and its successful production rebate program.
- Advised global leaders in motion picture production and content distribution, with projects including the expansion of two major content streaming platforms into new markets.
- Acted for NFT marketplaces and cryptocurrency exchanges on product development, compliance, and joint ventures with globally recognized luxury brands.
- Advised prominent UAE-based ecommerce platforms on all aspects of fundraising, development, and expansion.
- Advised the MENA region’s leading music rights publisher.